A name change - Getting back to our roots and embracing our two-store cooperative Did you know that the original name of Quincy Natural Foods Cooperative in 1978 was Feather River Food Co-op? We are planning a return to our roots by unifying both locations to our original name – Feather River Food Co-op! Why:
1. The name Quincy Natural Foods Co-op worked well when we were only one store. Now that we have expanded into the east side of the county, we need to have a name that fits both locations. After all, we are located in the beautiful Feather River watershed region!
2. It is difficult to tell from the outside that we are linked as a two-store cooperative since there are two completely different names.
3. It will unify us with our second store and create cohesiveness in our marketing and promotional efforts.
4. If we continue to expand to other areas of the county, the name Feather River Food Co-op would continue to be appropriate.
5. The words “natural foods” do not have the same meaning they used to when co-ops were the only place to buy “natural”. You can find natural products at almost every store you go into.
6. We want to have an image that aligns with who we are – a cooperative and not just natural foods!
Please take our one-question poll to voice your support for this change, and as always, your co-op will continue to provide local, healthy food options for our communities! Your feedback is appreciated any time. Onward and upward, Marcie Wilde,General Manager
P.S. – a bit of historical background for you: 1978 The co-op was created under the name Feather River Food Co-op 1992 Name was changed to Feather River Co-op Natural Foods Market 1995 Name was changed once more to Quincy Natural Foods Co-op 2013 We opened Feather River Food Co-op in Portola – we now have two co-ops with two names
Donations to many local groups and organizations including Greenville Library, Plumas Swim Team, Plumas Ski Team, Plumas Community Hospice, Plumas County Gay/Straight Alliance, Gardening programs and many more!
269 Main St. Quincy CA 95971 | Monday - Saturday 8am - 8pm, Sunday 8am - 7pm | 530.283.3528 60 N. Pine St. Portola CA 96122 | Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm, Sunday 10am- 5pm| 530.832.1642